In our society, we believe in:
- Stories -- we value people's stories as a means to understand the most pressing issues of our time.
- Community Media -- we value the passing on of ideas, skills and strategies in the community from generation to generation.
- Emergent Strategy -- we believe that wherever there is a problem, there are already people acting on the problem in some fashion. Understanding those actions is the starting point for developing effective strategies to resolve the problem.
- Reflection -- we believe that we must make time to reflect and dig deep so that we can go to the root of the problems instead of simply reacting to the surface issues.
- Social change activism – we believe in grassroots solutions (led by those who are effected) and community organizing as a vehicle for social transformation.
- Hope and optimism – we believe that we will achieve our vision through social transformation. Thus we spend time building alternatives to the current system.
- Dismantling systems of oppression – we support the dismantling all systems of oppression including systems of privilege to knowledge and information.
- Equity and Justice – we believe that resources should be available to everyone, but that equity doesn't always mean justice. Thus we also believe that human rights are more important than property/corporate/state rights.
- Whole selves -- we encourage people to engage with their whole selves, not just with one part of their identity.
- Difference -- we value differing viewpoints and strategies and we believe that a plurality of efforts are necessary for radical social transformation to happen.
- Collective Liberation
In our organization, we value:
- Social Justice
- Differing viewpoints and strategies
- Democratic process
- Whole Selves
- Self/Community Care
"The question is one of fighting the causes and not just being satisfied with getting rid of the effects."
- Che Guevara